Principles And Ways Of Working The Thermostatic Valve Element
Thermostatic valves are used to adjust the flow quantity proportionally to the settings and temperature sensors available. The thermostatic valve element, the valve works alone, which means it operates without the need for additional energy supplies, such as electricity or compressed air. Thermostatic valves can continuously adjust the flow quantity on-demand so that they are suitable for temperature regulation. Also, the required temperature will be maintained constantly without excessive consumption under conditions:
- Hot water (hot steam) is in the heating system;
- Cooling water is in the cooling system;
- Efficiency and economics;
- The thermostatic valve consists of the main element that functions to regulate the part connected with the knob, the scale of the adjustment and the reference spring;
- The next element is a tub valve with supporting elements and closing cones and sealing elements;
- Thermostatic elements which are tightly closed with sensors and supported by bellows elements.
How The Thermostatic Valve Works?
The main elements in the form of an adjustment scale, reference springs, knobs, body valves, and sensors are built together. The valve is mounted with a sensor placed at the point where the temperature can be regulated. The workings of the thermostatic valve element are as follows:
- The sensor forms the vapor pressure and temperature pressure;
- The pressure will be transferred to the valve part through capillary tubes and bellows which function as a power provider for opening and closing;
- The knob in the adjustment section and the spring section will exert a force acting opposite the bellows;
- When the balance occurs between two opposing forces, the valve spindle will remain in position.
- When the temperature of the sensor or the adjustment section changes, the balance point will be shifted and the spindle shaft moves until the balance is formed again. Another condition is that the valve will open or fully close;
- When there is a change in the temperature of the sensor, there will also be a proportional change in the flow quantity.
Thermostatic valves with thermostatic valve elements are widely used for temperature regulation in different parts of the machine or installation, depending on the part where cooling is needed. The thermostatic valve will always be open to receive flow towards the sensor temperature rise. This thermostatic valve can be installed in the cooling water flow channel or the return channel. In the thermostatic, there is a thermostatic control valve which does not require adjustment. Also, thermostatic valves can usually be adjusted according to the application of the thermostat. In this thermostatic valve must meet the requirements of lead-free as well as specifications with the material, the use of piping, sensor parts, oil filtration as well as mixing and diversion of the valve. Thermostatic valves have the following features:
- The valve element can be replaced;
- Wide temperature range;
- Can carry out heavy tasks;
- Has a sturdy construction;
One of the thermostatic valve elements is the thermostatic valve which utilizes the principle by expanding the wax in a semi-liquid state for a large expansion rate with a relatively narrow temperature range. The standalone element can activate stainless steel casings that direct the flow. There are factory-type thermostatic valve valves with predetermined temperature conditions and do not require further adjustments. When used in the first diversion application, the total fluid flow is diverted back to the main system.
Furthermore, when the temperature of the fluid rises to the control range, then some fluid will be diverted to the cooling system. When the temperature of the liquid continues to increase, more flow will be diverted. When the thermostat is in a fully stable condition, all fluid flow will be directed to the cooling system. Thermostatic valves also exist which can be used in mixing applications.
A valve that is part of the thermostatic valve element and is operated thermostatically can be a simple but reliable control solution. Also, the valve does not need electricity or control air. Thermostatic valves consist of a series of industrial products that are used for cooling and heating control. These valves can work alone, which means they can operate without additional energy supply. Thermostatic valves can be used to regulate the flow quantity indefinitely but remain proportional depending on the sensor temperature and settings. This is because the valve will constantly adjust the flow quantity to demand, making it very efficient for temperature control.
You can get the required temperature and can be maintained without the use of excessive cooling water consumption in the cooling system. This thermostatic valve is usually applied in hydraulic systems, injection molding machines, vacuum pumps, dry washers, compressors, refineries, steam boilers, autoclaves, and also biomass boilers. The advantage of using a thermostatic valve is that it does not require a power supply, the valve can be adjusted in the desired position, and the valve capability is reliable.